Friday, December 7, 2007

Snowy Jalen

For my 30th birthday, Rick took me to Vegas. It was my first trip since the baby and my first time spending a night away from Jalen. I had started weaning Jalen off in preparation for the trip. Jalen didn't mind formula at all. I think the whole weaning process was harder on me than it was on him. I was struggling with giving up breastfeeding because I know that it's the best thing for the baby and I enjoyed feeling special because I was the only one that could give him that special nourishment. On the other hand, being a working mom makes breastfeeding really hard. And because I was the only one who could feed him I had to get up in the middle of the night and I couldn't be away from Jalen for longer than a few hours. It was quite stressful. Once I made the decision, I just had to make peace with it and make the adjustment. I was able to enjoy a relaxing, fun trip away from Jalen last weekend. I missed him immediately after I left. I think it was because I knew that I was going to see him for a while. By the time we were coming back I couldn't wait to see Jalen and hold him and see him smile. Now I know what Rick feels like when he's traveling for work.

The day we left for Vegas Seattle got about 3 inches of snow. Here's some pictures of Jalen's first snow!

No comments: