Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Jalen Starts Daycare

On Tuesday, Jalen went to his first official day at KinderCare. Actually, we put him in the previous Thursday as a trial day. He cried all through nap time and didn't eat lunch. Then he ate a lot of yogurt and drink juice at snack time. So on Tuesday, I wasn't sure what to expect. I dropped him off around 8:15am and picked him up around 6pm. KinderCare makes daily notes about each child and records what they ate, how much they slept, etc. According to the notes, he slept from 12:30 to 2:10pm. I was very surprised! The way they take naps is on the floor as a group. Jalen is such a restless child that I couldn't picture how he would be calm enough to sleep in that environment. For lunch he ate spaghetti and green beans. I feel hopeful that Jalen will quickly adjust to his surroundings.

Here's Jalen all dressed and ready to go to school!

No comments: