Sunday, November 2, 2008

Pictures from the China Trip


Here's Jalen and my dad at the Vancouver airport waiting for our flight to Shanghai. It was delayed by 2 hours.

12 very long hours later, we arrived in Shanghai. Jalen was up almost the entire flight which made it exhausting for Grandma and Grandpa and myself.

The next day, we had family over and Jalen discovered that he loves to play the piano! Well, banging on it was more like it.

Here's Jalen with two of my cousins, Stephy and Fiona. Fiona flew to Shanghai from Hong Kong just to see Jalen.

Thank goodness I brought the pack and play on this trip. Here's Jalen taking a nap it it.

the evening after we arrived, there was a big family dinner to welcome us. Here's Jalen all dressed up with his new gold necklace from his great grandpa.

Here's the extended Chen family with all of my father's siblings and children. My cousin Jesse is the only one missing, he lives in the UK.

Jalen was quite jet lagged. He was exhausted and cranky then finally passed out.

Most mornings he'd wake up at 6am whereas his usual wake time in the US is 8am. So I had no choice but to get up at 6am every morning as well.

This was my aunt's apartment complex that we stayed at.

There was a little playground in the complex and we took Jalen there often.

My cousin and I took him to the Shanghai zoo. There's a polar bear in the back if you look carefully.

No comments: