Saturday, January 20, 2007

January 20, 2007 - Snow Day and The Mysterious Disappearance of My Ankles

We didn't imagine that the MDX we bought would come in so handy so quickly! Over the last a week and a half, we got at least 6 inches of snow over two separate snow falls. On the first evening of the snow fall, our typical 30 minute drive home took over 4 hours. We were thankful that we got home in our trusty new SUV. The next day, we worked from home and played a little in the snow. It was sunny and beautiful.

Last week, as I was taking a shower before going to bed, I looked down and noticed that my ankles have disappeared! Instead, I've developed "cankles"! You know, when you can no longer distinguish where your calfs end and your ankles begin? I knew that my boots felt a little tight that day but I didn't realize that my ankles had swollen that much. I quickly turned to my pregnancy bible and read up on ankle swelling. To my relief, my ankles came back the next morning. Since then, I've paid special attention to not sitting or standing too long and drinking lots of water each day to avoid the swelling. Boy, I wonder what surprises I'll get next?

No comments: