Friday, February 2, 2007

Tipping The Scale

Alright, many of you may be wondering how I'm doing with my weight gain. I weighed about 120lb before pregnancy. I didn't gain any weight during the first trimester because of the nausea and lack of appetite. I was a little worried but soon I started putting on the pounds as I regained my appetite. I started outgrowing my jeans at about 4 months and now I'm completely unable to zip up any of my pre-pregnancy jeans. Currently, at 25 weeks, I'm about 145lbs. Doctors recommend that a woman gains 25lb - 35lb during her pregnancy at the rate about 1lb a week. Although I'm technically averaging 1lb a week, I've actually been gaining about 2lb a week in the last 12 weeks or so. Most of the added weight has been in my belly since I can still fit into most of my pre-pregnancy tops. Although this is the most I have ever weighed but I don't feel heavy. The only difference is that I have this rather large obstacle in my mid-section that prevents me from putting my shoes on and cutting my toe nails easily! I do feel that my belly is rather large compared to some of the other expectant moms that I know. I look like I could be 7 months pregnant even though I'm not quite 6 months yet! It'll be interesting to see how big my belly will be at 9 months.

I'm not sure what the doctor's recommended weight gain for the expectant father is but I know that Rick has gained a few pounds through sympathy eating. :) We're both planning to start a work out regiment soon...

Above is a picture of me and Myra, who's also due in May!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

just saw the pic of my little plant!!!It's really boomed???can't believed my eye!!!yeah!!!

I'm pretty good, except that my laptop was broken these days!I love the life here!!!and my best friend is coming here next year tooo!!Really don't wanna go back lor~~

How are you and how's your baby? Post some pics ar!!!