Thursday, February 15, 2007

Start of the Third Trimester!

It's amazing how time flies, our little golden pig is going to arrive in just 3 more months! The first trimester was painfully slow. I remember counting down the days to 3 months so I could tell everyone about the baby. The second trimester was much smoother, I finally started to look pregnant and feel pregnant. The nausea went away and my energy level picked up. I actually felt quite great. Now that I'm officially 6 months pregnant, I'm starting to notice little differences again. I'm beginning to feel the effects of my weight gain: woddling a bit more, noticing that extra padding in unexpected areas of my body and finally outgrowing a size small at Banana Republic. A few people have been telling me about the "nesting instinct" and boy has it started to kick in! We hadn't done anything to our house for the baby in the past 6 months but in the last couple of weeks I've gotten the incredible urge to clean! Pack! Prepare! The baby's room was full of stuff so I've been on a mission to clear out all of the clutter and get it ready for a makeover. So far, we've managed to clean out the entire closet and toss out a few things while relocating a few others. This process has actually been pretty fun and I'm looking forward to seeing the room turning into a blank canvas for me to unleash my creativity on. Home Depot and Pottery Barn Kids here we come!


Here's a picture of us at our friends Howie and Vika's wedding last weekend. Good thing that's a wrap dress I'm wearing because it expands as my belly grows!

Here's a before picture of the nursery-to-be. We'll keep you posted as we make progress.

2 comments:

kate said...

if you want any help painting, shopping or decorating i love home projects :)

Anonymous said...

Well written article.