Sunday, April 15, 2007

Baby Shower Part II

Over Easter weekend, Rick's sister Betsy and Rick's mom Eileen threw me a baby shower in Seattle. The guests included relatives from Rick's family and our Seattle friends. 2007 is turning out to be a big baby boom year, so 4 of the girls at the shower are pregnant: Myra is expecting a boy in May, Trish is expecting her 2nd little girl in July, Arleen is expecting a boy in August and of course me in May. Rick and I actually know about 5 other couples who are also expecting babies in 2007. People have been saying that there must be something in the water in Seattle!

Betsy and Rick's mom went all out for the baby shower. We had lots of yummy food and Betsy made a ton of adorable customized chocolate favours. Taylor and her cousin Michelle organized the shower games. My favourite one was where you had to guess a baby related word by asking only yes and no questions. I received a ton of wonderful presents from everyone. My friend Ivy who lives in New York was so thoughtful as to send a gift to Betsy's house to surprise me. I really enjoyed the shower because it was just such a nice occasion for everyone to get together, catch up, eat and relax.


Presents!!

Pregnant, not fat.

No comments: