Sunday, May 20, 2007

Bringing Home Baby

We brought baby Jalen home from the hospital on Wednesday afternoon. I was anxious to be home after being at the hospital for one night. So far, the biggest challenge has definitely been feeding him. The first few days were especially hard because he was very hungry from not getting enough milk. Our doctor told us we could supplement with a little bit of formula at each feeding so that he could be satisfied. He also became a little jaundiced after the first couple of days, which made it even more important for him to eat and poop regularly. We're trying our best to figure out a routine that works. Every day things are a little different. The nights are especially hard. We're trying to feed him every two hours. It takes about one hour to rouse him to eat, burp him, change his diapers then get him back to sleep. So that leaves just one hour until the next feeding! Getting sleep in small one hour windows definitely wears you out. It's a good thing that my parents are here to help out during the day. They can watch Jalen while I try to nap. Still, adjusting to waking up 2 or 3 times at night will take a little time.


We got so many beautiful flowers from our friends and family. Thank you!


Here's a picture of Jalen and a picture of Ricky as new borns. Can you see the resemblance?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so proud of you~
I eager to have my own baby ,too.
Nevertheless ,AJ is too young to be a father .
I have to wait.
hehe.

Anonymous said...

Jesse & Ricky -- Jalen is soooooo cute!!! I already said he looked like Ricky, but seeing both baby pictures together...definitely a family resemblance :-). I can't wait to meet him.

Debi V.