Saturday, May 12, 2007

Let The Count Down Begin

Last Friday was my last day at work. It's been a bit challenging getting motivated and totally concentrate on work the past few weeks because I knew I would be leaving soon. Nevertheless, I made sure I still gave at least 90% so that I did a good job transitioning all my work to the appropriate people. My coworkers have been quite supportive and they've also been impressed that I'm still able to get work done so late into my pregnancy. Because I started my transition over a month ago I feel pretty good that nothing is going to drop through the cracks when I leave. Now that I've started my maternity leave, it feels a bit strange not having to think about work anymore. I wonder whether the next three months is going to go by really fast or really slow or both? I have a feeling that on one hand, it'll fly by as time always does but it'll probably also feel like an eternity because so many things would have happened.

Now that work is off my mind, I'm officially in baby watch mode. My due date is May 17th but the baby can come any day. Myra gave birth a week ago 8 days ahead of her due date. Aaron and Jenny had their baby right on their due date just this week. It seems like there's a baby born every week now, can next week be my turn? I don't feel too nervous about the upcoming delivery because I am anxious to be not pregnant anymore. Although the delivery is a big scary unknown, I just tell myself that it'll only be a day or two which is nothing compared to my 9 months of pregnancy or the rest of my life as a parent. I haven't started having any contractions yet but my doctor tells me that my body is progressing nicely to prepare for labour. The baby's head is down which means that he or she is also getting ready to come out. The question is when?

No comments: