Sunday, June 20, 2010

Back to work and new kitchen

Friday, June 18th was my first day back at work. I had been dreading that day because I knew that it'll take quite an adjustment to get into a new routine. At the same time, I was looking forward to it because I was getting lonely being at home all the time. We started out kitchen remodel on June 1st and I was praying that the remodel would finish before I get back to work. Luckily, it wasn't too much behind schedule and finished on the day that I went back to work.

This last whole week, I was worried sick about Max because he had been refusing to take a bottle! At times, he would cry for 30 minutes and not drink. As soon as you take the bottle away, he would stop crying. I couldn't believe that he stopped taking a bottle because he didn't have any problems with it before. It seems like he changed his mind just as I was about to go back. So last week, I'd try to give him a bottle twice a day and I would be so happy if he would drink from it. On Friday, Max spent half the day at Rick's mom's house and half the day at Auntie Betsy's house. He cried a little bit at one of his feedings but otherwise he did OK. I was so relieved to hear that. Next Monday, it'll be Max's first day with our part time nanny. I really, really hope it goes well.

Here's a cute picture of Jalen holding Max. It's been so sweet seeing these two start to interact. Max really reacts to Jalen's voice I think because it's at a higher pitch. Sometimes, Jalen talks to Max and makes him laugh out loud. So Jalen keeps doing it and Max just goes gah gah with giggles.

Our kitchen is almost done. We're still waiting for 2 special ordered cabinets to arrive in a few weeks. It's been so much work moving everything out and now re-organizing. I hope soon, I'll finally get to relax and enjoy cooking in my new kitchen.

No comments: