Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Max's first birthday party

I had a long struggle figuring out what to do with Max's first birthday party. We hosted Jalen's first birthday party at our house when we had about 10 kids around the age of 1 and their parents. The kids were easy to contain and the adults had a good time. This time around, the same 10 kids are 3 years old and will have too much energy and not enough space to work it off if I were to have the party at home again. At the same time, I really didn't have the time or energy to clean the house pre party and post party. I didn't want to have the party at a bouncy house or something similar because then the party would be for the siblings and not really about Max. Maybe I was making things too hard for myself but my criteria for the party were: 1) not at my house 2) a buffet style lunch. After some trial and error we found the perfect location at Rick's friend Duke's restaurant. They had a private area for parties where we had 2 dedicated waiters. The party went off without a hitch and I was very relieved and happy at the end of it.





No comments: