Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Tales from daycare

I've been in pure survival mode the past 4 weeks that I haven't been able to update the blog. On Jan. 17, Max started daycare at Newport. He was fine at drop off but at 12pm, I got a call from the school. They said he was very upset and not eating or drinking! I was frantic, trying to figure out how to clear my schedule for the rest of the afternoon so I could rescue him ASAP. Daddy's suggestion was to just leave him there. No way! Apparently he cried himself to sleep around 1pm and slept for about 45 min. I picked him up at 3pm and he was desperate to see me. For the rest of the first week, he ate very little and drank very little. So I had to make sure that I fed him as big of a breakfast and dinner as possible. I typically pick him up around 6pm and his face is always raw and red from crying and being tired. It's so hard to see that. On top of everything, Jalen came home with a fever of 102 that week and was sick.

The second week at daycare, Max was sent home Monday with a fever of 103. As per standard school policy, he had to stay away a minimum of 24 hours. I was stuck since I had a meeting I had to go to the next day. Luckily, my former nanny was able to come that day and relieve me.

Now he's in his 4th week of daycare and he's doing a lot better. It's amazing how quickly kids adapt to their environment. During week 1, he didn't drink whole milk and he didn't know how to use a sippy cup. Now, he drinks whole milk out of a sippy cut and self feeds. Here's a video of him eating spaghetti.

No comments: