Friday, December 29, 2006

December 9, 2006 - The Start of The Second Trimester and Vegas!!

The first trimester had been a little rough. I was extremely tired during the second month and nauseous every evening. In the third month, my appetite picked up but I was still getting sick occasionally. The fourth month was much smoother, I regained some of my energy and got sick less frequently. I also learned how to deal with my growing appetite: eat 6 medium sized meals each day. My typical day consists of breakfast at 8am, a snack at 10am, early lunch at 11:30am then a second lunch at 3pm. I eat a full dinner at 7pm and another snack at 10pm. This diet has required me to think ahead and plan out my meals for the entire day so I have plenty to eat at work. It is a bit of a chore trying to prepare easy to eat and healthy meals but I have to give my baby the nutrients it needs.

My belly has been growing but it became much more noticiable when I hit four months. I took my growing bump with me to Las Vegas for our last fun adult getaway before the baby arrives. I took long naps in the afternoon so I could have plenty of energy to soak in the Vegas fun at night. Rick and I had a fabulous time with our friends Sean and Chi.

Here is Rick and I at Ghostbar looking over the Las Vegas Strip.

No comments: