Friday, December 29, 2006

September 25th, 2006 - How We Found Out


I went to Boston for a recruiting trip at MIT. Rick tagged along since he’d never been to Boston and we were going to stay through the weekend and explore the city. At the start of that week, I started losing my appetite. I went to the cafeteria and absolutely nothing sounded good so I just ended up getting a small bowl of soup. I didn’t think too much of it because the cafeteria food is never that inviting. During our trip, I noticed that my stomach felt unsettled whenever I ate anything. I still hadn’t gotten my period, but my cycle has been known to vary so I hesitated to conclude anything. By the time we got back from our trip, it had been more than 45 days since my last period. We decided that I would take a pregnancy test the next morning. All night, I was nervous and dreamt about the test. Deep down, I was afraid that the test would come out negative and I would feel silly about being hopeful too early. The next morning, I jumped out of bed and took the test. I fumbled around with the test stick, making sure that I was laying it perfectly flat on the counter as I was supposed to. Before I even had time to realize it, the test beeped and it showed “pregnant”. I felt relieved and ecstatic at the same time. I kept on looking at it and taking mental pictures of the test result. It was amazing that in those few seconds, I was finding out that my life was about to change. I shook Rick awake and said to him “pregnant” and he gave me a high five. We had only started officially trying for a baby and I didn’t think I would get pregnant so quickly. I felt so incredibly lucky and blessed.

1 comment:

kate said...

ok it is seriously so cute, you two gave each other a "high five" :) congrats again!